A few weeks ago I bought a 12-piece Beauty Surprise Collection from Bare Minerals (Bare Escentuals?–I never know which to call it). It was a one-day deal on April 17, offering the 12-piece surprise valued at $177, for just $35. I’m a sucker for a deal like that!
I haven’t tried everything in the package yet but I want to get this post up. I know I’m always looking for info on what to expect in a mystery buy, I hope this is good info for other savvy shoppers.
Here’s what I got:
- Cosmetics Bag in Silver
- Full Taper Eyeshadow Brush in Rose Gold
- Eyeshadow in Queen Phyllis (small)
- Eyeshadow in True Gold (small)
- Eyeshadow in Celestine (small)
- Lash Domination Mascara (mini)
- Buxom Hold the Line Waterproof Eyeliner in Call Me
- Blush in Vintage Peach
- Face color in Faux Tan (small)
- Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Spark Plug
- Limited Edition Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm in Crimson Pop
- Jack of All Trades Lip Balm in For Keeps
- Free sample: Skinsorials sample card
All the eye products are a hit. The shadow brush is great and I really like the eye colors. I’ve been wanting some sparkly eye color and these are perfect for me. I’m also excited about the mascara and eyeliner, which is a nice bold black, because I can never get enough of those. I’m less excited about the lip products. I’ll probably use the balm, which gives a nice moisturizing coat with a rosy red tint. But I’ll almost definitely NOT wear the gloss. I rarely wear a glossy lip nowadays, so while the Moxie gloss in Spark Plug is a nice color, it’s not the texture or the finish I like on my lips at this time. The blush and face color I will probably use –they’ll work well with my mineral powder foundation. Overall, I’m pleased with this haul and I’ll buy a Surprise Beauty Collection again sometime in the future.